Biotechnology Havana 2003 was organized by the CIGB Direction of Biomedical Research
and was held on December, 2003 at Havana Conventions Center, in Havana, Cuba with
the participation of close to 700 scientists from 33 countries.
Renowned specialists including Nobel Laureates Dr Rober Huber;
and Stanley Cohen
(Medicine) delivered Plenary Conferences and Key Lectures.
The great success of the meeting was achieved thanks to the high scientific level
of conferences delivered by the Invited Speakers, the Poster sessions and the open
and frankly atmosphere created for discussions. The main topics of discussions were
Infectious Diseases, Cancer Biology, Grow Factors Immunomodulation and Bioinformatics.
The Main Topics discussed were:
- Cancer Basic Biology
- Antiangiogenic vaccines
- HPV vaccines
- Immunotherapy (mAbs and Plantybodies)
- Cytokines and antagonists
- Adjuvants and Antigen Presenting Systems
- Viral and Bacterial Vaccines
- Therapeutics of Infectious diseases Hepatitis, Dengue and Meningococcal and Hib
- Clinical Studies
- Genomics, Proteomics & Glycomics
- Protein Structure
- Drug Design