Biotechnology Havana 2009 was organized by the CIGB Direction of Biomedical Research
and was held on November 5 - 9, 2009 at Havana Conventions Center, in Havana, Cuba with
the participation of close to 800 scientists from 42 countries.
Renowned specialists including Nobel Laureates in Medicine and Chemistry delivered
Plenary Conferences and Key Lectures.
The great success of the meeting was achieved thanks to the high scientific level
of conferences delivered by the Invited Speakers, the Poster sessions and the open
and frankly atmosphere created for discussions. The main topics of discussions were
Infectious Diseases, Cancer Biology, OMICS, Neuroregeneration, Cardiovascular Diseases
and Inflammation/ Autoimmune Diseases.
Besides, Biotechnology Havana 2012 edition also comprised three Satellite Symposia
on Dengue Vaccine, Glycomics and HIV Vaccine and Therapy.
The Main Topics discussed were:
- Viral Hepatitis, Pertussis
- Immunotherapy and Therapeutic Vaccines
- New Therapeutic Strategies
- Adjuvants and antigen presenting systems
- HIV Vaccine and Therapy
- Dengue Vaccine
- Cancer Vaccines
- New targets for cancer treatment and their discovery
- Immunotherapy with antibodies and vaccines
- Biotechnology related clinical trials and translational research
- Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- Drug Design
- Cytokines and Inflammation
- Cytokine antagonists as therapeutic agents in autoimmune diseases
- Pathogenesis of Autoimmune Diseases
- Regulatory T cells in Autoimmune Diseases
- Molecular mechanisms and biomarkers
- Animal models
- New therapeutic approaches